Vein Clinic for Vein Care
Complete Care Community Health Center in Monterey Park provides vein care with Endovenous Laser Ablation – a procedure to treat large prominent leg veins that would traditionally have been removed by surgical stripping and thus helps you meet your goal of looking best along with avoiding unwanted complications like bleeding and leg ulcers.
When veins become abnormally thick, full of twists and turns, or enlarged, they are called varicose vein. This happens most commonly in the veins in the legs and thighs.
- The thickened, twisting or dilated parts of the vein are called varicosities.
- Varicose veins can form anywhere in the body, but they are most often located in the legs.
- Varicose veins tend to be inherited, and become more prominent as a person ages. (source: eMedicineHealth)
Varicose Vein Symptoms
Varicose veins are relatively easy to identify and can be a cosmetic nuisance for many people.
- They protrude or bulge from under the skin and feel ropey
- The legs often ache and feel heavy and itchy
- Symptoms can intensify after a long day of standing the feet
- A person may have severe pain upon standing or even have cramps in the legs at night.
If a person has varicose veins, any of the following warrant a visit to our health care professional:
- Inflammation, discoloration, or ulceration of the skin or swelling of the calf or leg is more typical of problems related to the deeper veins, especially a blood clot.
- Unexplained pain or swelling in a leg particularly suggests a blood clot. Varicose veins by themselves do not usually cause a leg to swell. (source: eMedicineHealth)
Venous insufficiency may be felt as burning, cramping, throbbing, itching and heaviness in legs and may result in tired, achy legs and swollen ankles. Untreated varicose veins could lead to blood clots in deep veins, easy bleeding and open sores.
Expert Physician Services and Patient Care
Our patient care team of expert physicians and nurses have been serving our happy customers in the Greater Los Angeles area for the past 20 plus years. Our patients visit us from the Southern California cities of Monterey Park, Downey, Pasadena, Alhambra, San Gabriel, Rosemead, Montebello, East Los Angeles, South Pasadena, San Marino, South El Monte, Commerce, Temple City, El Monte, Pico Rivera, Maywood and Bell Gardens.